CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
- Participants must be in good shape to participate in any of the events organised by ADVENDURANCE.
- Participants who decided not to continue the race must inform the organisers.
- Failure to inform the race directors may cause a search and rescue action. If during the event you need to withdraw from the race you must contact one of the following immediately:
- Inform one of paramedics’ personnel.
- Inform one of ADVENDURANCE personnel at one of the checkpoints.
- Inform the “start” or “finishing” official (on motorcycle).
- Call our emergency number on race documentation.
- ADVENDURANCE will not be responsible if you drop out and inform another participant. In the case that you drop out during the race, you will be responsible for your own transfer and bike belongings to the finish area, where possible a sweep vehicle will help stranded riders.
- Online entries close at midnight on Thursday before every event. Late entry fee will apply on race day at registration. Please note you are not eligible to compete for prize money with a late entry and you’ll be seeded in the last batch of your distance.
- If you’re not sure what time you’re starting, you can view the batch times on www.saseeding.com. Please note from 2019 the Trailseeker Series’ batching and seeding will be strict. Do not skip your batch or change without consulting a race official at registration, your timing will automatically change to DQ if you are not in the correct batch.
RULES AND SAFETY
- Slower participants must make way for faster racers.
- Runners must take caution when the route is not clear or coming to and intersection or roadway.
- Runners must obey all traffic rules.
- In the case of a sprint to the finish, you must remain in your own lane.
- No outside seconding or assistance is permitted under any circumstances. Outside assistance includes assisting with water and nutrition support and physically assisting riders.
These rules are provide for the participants safety and if disregarded may cause disqualification from the race. ADVENDURANCE has the right to disqualify any participant for the following reasons:
- Technical or equipment problem.
- Health problems of any participant.
- Disregarding any fair play rules.
- Un-sportsmanlike behaviour.
- ” Pushing” or “pulling” by the third party.
- Any disrespect to the environment or personnel.
- Appropriate running attire, including a shirt, must be worn at all times.
- Smoking on route is not permitted.
- Runners must display their race numbers at all times.
- Race numbers may not be modified or mutilated in any way, including cutting, adding stickers, removing existing stickers or trimming.
- Removing or obscuring any official sponsor logos or advertising may result in disqualification from the race.
- There will be no reimbursement of costs to the participant in case of disqualification.
NUTRITION AND WATER POINTS
- Runners retain the ultimate responsibility to carry enough water and nutrition with them.
- ADVENDURANCE will provide water at official water points on the route.
- Water point locations will be made available in race documentation.
- We will enforce littering, cutting trails and environmental abuse with stiff penalties. Every participant who is caught disregarding the environment will be fined with a two (2) hundred Rand penalty for the first offence and disqualification for the second offence.
- In the case of environmental concerns. ADVENDURANCE has the right to cancel, delay or reroute the race. Participants will not be reimbursed in an environmental situation that is out of ADVENDURANCE control. In the case of cancellation of a race leg, participants will be informed and free entry given to the next race.
- Runners have to report to the start line at least 30min before the start of their race.
- Runners will be briefed 15min before the start. In case of batches riders will be briefed before the start of each batch.
- The start line will remain open for 15 minutes after the start “gun”.
- Timing will start with the start “gun”.
- Runners that do not reach designated cut-off points in time will be prevented from continuing to run and will be swept from the course and classified as DNF (did not finish).
- Cut-off points can be enforced at any time if the organisers deem the situation as unsafe.
- Runners who started in a batch, which is higher than they one they should be running in, will be disqualified.
- Runners may start in a group lower down, the responsibility lies with the runner to report this to the timing personnel.
- Runners are only eligible for overall prize podium from the first batch in a particular distance.
- We have a “COVID REFUND” policy. We offer a 100% refund on entry fees should events be cancelled due to COVID-19 or should we be forced to cull the numbers due to COVID-19.
DISCRETION OF THE CHIEF COMMISSAIRE
- Where any additional rule interpretation is required, or where specific provision for any incident has not been made in these rules, the decision of the chief commissaire will be final.
- The organizers, sponsors, volunteers and event personnel are not responsible for any injury or damage that may occur during the event, or cancellations, delays or re-routing due to environmental concerns. Each participant will be required to sign a waiver upon registration declaring that they take full responsibility for, risk of injury, to themselves to their equipment and any lost or stolen items.
BASIC TRAIL RUN RACING RULES & ETIQUETTE
- Runners must complete the entire distance of the race, and the responsibility for following the official route lies with the rider.
- A runner is not permitted to take any shortcuts or take other advantage of a similar nature against competitors.
- Runners, who exit the route of the course for any reason, must return to the course at the exact same point from which they exited.
- A runner cannot receive any technical assistance along the course from anybody.
- Runners must respect the countryside and run only on the official route.
COMPLETION IN THE SERIES
- A runner’s ID number must be correctly filled in on the online entry process to correctly validate the rider’s armband.
- Runners will earn points per event.
- Runners will earn points from a maximum of 4 out of the 6 events.
- Runners will only climb the series points ladder by earning higher points after completing more than 4 races at events.
- Higher points after 4 races will replace lower points. ie. Best 4 points from 6 races.
- Points are tallied per distance.