Kylemore Hoërskool is the start venue of the 5th leg of the King Price Trailseeker Trail Run Series and is situated just outside of Stellenbosch in the beautiful Banhoek Conservancy. There is no better place for a sublime sunset run through the fragrant fynbos of the Banhoek valley.
The Banhoek Conservancy is about protecting the environment, uplifting the community and re-establishing a balance between humans and nature, thereby continuously ensuring trail running bliss in this haven for runners.
Choose between the 3km, 5km and 10 km trails – there is one for every family member. So, enter now and join the sunset trail movement …
Choose your race category and experience the best value available in the industry. Late entry fees apply from Thursday before the race and on race day.
Route profiles are uploaded 1 week before the event. Keep watching our social media pages for any updates.
Make sure you show the QR Code sent to you by SMS at registration the morning of the event. Your race number will be given to you at registration and connected to your profile.
RACE DAY UNDER COVID REGULATIONS
- Only paid pre-entries accepted. No late entries or unpaid entries will be allowed at the start venue.
- Limited entries are available.
- Specific start times will be communicated to runners per email and/or sms a few days before the event. Please adhere strictly to those times.
- Only runners will be allowed on the start and finish venue – NO spectators, family or friends who do not also participate.
- No person will be allowed to access the race venue without a mask or buff.
- Practise proper social distancing at all times (up to 2m) – no physical contact between any persons, please. Always wear your mask/buff to cover both your nose and mouth at the same time, at the venue and waterpoints. You may remove your mask/buff while running.
- Sanitisation stations will be available throughout the venue. Please look out for these and make use of them as much as possible.
- Runners must arrive at the venue 30 minutes before the start of their race. Please do not arrive too early to avoid congregating as much as possible.
- All runners entering the venue will pass by a sanitisation station and then through the Screening and Scanning area where your temperature will be taken and an electronic questionnaire completed.
- Any person registering above 37.5 degrees or who does not qualify according to the basic questionnaire will not be allowed to access the venue or race.
- After the temperature screening and Covid questionnaire is completed, the same staff member will scan the QR Code sent to you via SMS. Please have your phone handy. Your running number will be issued to you.
- From the scanning area, runners may proceed directly to the batch holding pens and await their start.
- Toilet facilities will be available. Please sanitise before entering and after exiting the toilets.
- Coffee, soft drink and take away vendors will also be at the venue. There will be limited sit-down facilities available, as runners are urged to vacate the Finish area as soon as possible after their run. No alcohol will be on sale subject to the alcohol ban imposed by the government.
- When stopping at a water point, please cover your mouth and nose with a buff or mask and only touch the items you will take with you.
- Water points will be touchless and energy bars and sweets will be sealed.
- Fluids will be dispensed using a foot-activated valve.
- At the Finish, runners collect their goody bag and proceed directly out of the fenced area where they may collect a sealed hydration drink.
- Unfortunately, we do not encourage runners to remain around the finish venue after their run.
- Please vacate the finish venue at your earliest convenience to minimise the Covid-risk as much as possible.
- There will be no prize-giving at the finish venue after the race. All winners will be announced via social media and news-letters the following Monday.
Communication between entry and race day
Event day Registration
Preliminary race day schedule
Please refer to the official communication received from the King Price Trailseeker team before every event. Batch start times vary from event to event.
MOUNTAIN BIKE SERIES
Swop your running shoes for fast-paced mountain bike action at the King Price Trailseeker MTB Series. Choose between a 10 km, 20 km, 40 km and 70 km categories.